I imagined the surfeit of…
As I peered at the old barn, I imagined the surfeit of blood, sweat & tears that has been put into that American Flag. Not in the process of painting the flag on the old barn boards, but the surfeit of hearts from all our military men & women. They ALL are the reason we are able to celebrate the USA’s birthday! Thank you, each & every one of you!!!
surfeit \ SUR-fit \
1. Excess; an excessive amount: a surfeit of speechmaking.
2. Excess or overindulgence in eating or drinking.
3. An uncomfortably full or crapulous feeling due to excessive eating or drinking.
4. General disgust caused by excess or satiety.
1. To bring to a state of surfeit by excess of food or drink.
2. To supply with anything to excess or satiety; satiate.
Posted on July 6, 2012, in Word-of-the-Day and tagged 4th of July, Family, Flag of the United States, Friends, JillCards, July 4th, Send again, United States, word of the day. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.