Category Archives: Weddings
dozi: Paper flower tutorial
- Jill and I met 13 years ago and quickly became friends. Although we lived near each other we were the kind of friends in which you could not see for a couple of weeks or so – and pick right up where you left off. She pushed to get behind my defensive wall and drew me out of my comfort zone. 6 months after I left an 8 year relationship – I knew Jill had something on her mind and I thought maybe it could be “me” – so I put her on the back of my motorcycle with a full tank of gas and told her I wouldn’t let her off until she came clean with whatever was going on in her head! (Thank God I turned out to be right or she could’ve had me arrested for kidnapping!) Although it was the type of relationship I was comfortable with – it was all new for her (I’ll let you read between the lines on that one.)
- On May 22, 2010 I married my best friend in front of 100 of our closest friends and family. It is only through patience, understanding and a lot of time that our families have come to realize just because society says we’re “different” – we love just the same as everyone else, COMPLETELY.
- I am a control freak and everyone around me knows it. Jill deals with life one moment at a time – I’d much rather have it planned out on my Android with confirmations from all parties involved.
- I am a Riders Edge instructor at Sauk Prairie Harley-Davidson, Inc. I love the opportunity to help people realize their dreams to ride motorcycles safely, coaching them to succeed and exceed their goals one exercise at a time.
- I am SO not the creative/talented partner at JillCards, LLC. I am an avid photographer who enjoys capturing wildlife and friends in their natural habitat. Jill can take a simple piece of paper, acid free adhesive (see I’m paying attention!) and make a beautiful Send again greeting card.
- I am in recovery and have been for a few 24 hours (as we say in the program). Had I continued using, none of what I enjoy today would be my reality. It is only through sobriety that the rest of my life is real.
- (Okay this is getting harder than I thought…)
- I am the mother to 2 teenagers, My son is 19 and my daughter is 15 – I’m not sure but I think they have completed a foreign language somewhere along the line without me knowing it. UGH – I just don’t get them sometimes – did my parents feel that way?
- Not completing my bachelor’s degree is my biggest regret – why haven’t I done it yet….good question for which I can supply a lengthy list of excuses
- We developed the “Send again” greeting card concept in the fall of 2009. Jill had worked with the idea for years but together we invested time, effort and some money and made JillCards, LLC a reality. We are a small company based in beautiful rural Wisconsin. Our hand-made personalized cards can be sent again to another person, after receiving it. For the recycled concept, we use everything from used greeting cards, old calendars, discarded magazines, our pictures, your own photographs, scrapbook materials; just about anything we can get our hands on. We recycle each card into a unique personal treasure! To “Send again”, simply remove the message tag on the card backside, and replace it with the already used message tag on the inside of your card. Now, you are ready to write your own heartfelt message, and “Send again”. It’s like re-gifting a greeting card! We encourage anyone to submit their own photos for an even more personal touch.
- Jill and I are almost complete opposites. I previously mentioned our different approaches to life, but that’s only the beginning. Jill comes from a large family – mine was small (2 daughters), she needs lots of sleep and until my recent back surgery – I needed very little and worked 14+ hours per day most of the year, she’s creative and has a can do anything attitude – I don’t feel very creative and can get frustrated and give up easily.
- Now all the stuff we share – 1st and foremost our love for each other and everyday living, side-by-side, JillCards – the home business we started in the fall of ’09, together we have 5 kids all of which are VERY different, we LOVE coffee and have a crazy fun day/night sitting at a coffee shop with our laptops, after she learned to ride motorcycles – she became almost as addicted to Harley-Davisons as I am, we love to laugh with each other doing something OR absolutely nothing but giggling like little girls, we also have some of the best parents and best friends that anyone could ask for! Thanks for this opportunity to think a little deeper in 2011!
You can have a life filled with awe at any age. You can awake each morning, potentially inspired, centered, with a sense that many options and opportunities stretch before you. Awe is a power unto itself, and by its very nature transforms us. The best part is it is free, natural and continually available. All you need is the willingness to awaken to awe, and to do so by trying a new approach to life.
By Kirk J. Schneider, Ph.D.
Not one Soul is going to be lost. In fact, there aren’t any lost Souls. The Soul always knows where it is. It just doesn’t care.
The Soul knows it is going to outlast your body, it knows it’s going to outlast the thoughts you’ve been having, it knows it’s going to go beyond the imagination, and your feelings have betrayed you for so long that it pays little attention to them. So why shouldn’t it be happy in these lower worlds?
Our misidentification causes us to go into the quandary of the mind to second-guess. And yet the Soul says, “I’m here, I’m present. I’m not over there. I’m here, I’m present. This is the moment.”
(From: The Tao of Spirit, p. 139)
My Coleman has moved back home from Arizona, to be with the love of his life. When I say home, I mean within the state of Wisconsin. Anytime you can travel a couple of hours to see your kids, “they are home”.
Upon arriving back, the first thing this child did, was get down on one knee and propose to his college sweetheart. Now, I guess that means that sometime (no date yet) down the road I will be a “mother-in-law”, since she said YES.
How fortunate I am to have Heather be part of our family! And I’m hoping she feels the same.
I love you both; Coleman -n- Heather!
Up an at ’em for another day. Seems like time is just flying by a day at a time.
Went down to Habitat for Humanity storage facility and got our families engraved stone that was mounted outside of the RAC center. Anyone know why they removed them? I thought when I paid for it and donated to the drive it would be permanant!
Lots to do, lots to work out before our wedding! Looking for ideas on how to color sand. The amount that we need is more than I want to pay for the actual colors in stores and we would like to DIY. Any ideas would be appreciated…
I am looking for the author of this quote….
Can anyone out there help me?
A few weeks ago when attending a function at Northport, I was blessed to run into a big part of my past, that has been missing from my life today.
Last night I held a dinner party for 4. Dee Dee and I had the privilege of getting to know one of my kids again, along with his beautiful wife. I say one of my kids, because I have alway felt Mark was part of me and my kids’ life during a very fundamental era of becoming sober and creating who I am today. I got to know this young fellow when he was about 10 years old, and until the age of 18, I was his legal guardian.
I would like to think that I was an important part of his developement, but more importantly, I realized last night that he was more of an importance in my developement. During the time of separation after the age of 18, he has really become into himself, and has also gotten married. I truly had a good time with Mark and Jenny last night! I was very nervous throughout the day, with a lot of expectations. I had to tell myself many times through the day, “Grant me Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference”. Needless to say, everything worked out great.
During those years with Mark, he has given me so much of who I am today. He gave me the courage to go back into my hometown and fight for my biological kids, Cale, Coleman & Cleary. And, because I did that, I have a wonderful relation with them, and a great feeling of gratitude of what I have done for & with them.
Mark gave me the confidence in myself, and settled my inner spirit enough to realize that “I am a good parent”.
It’s easy to look back today, and see all that he (as a child) as given me. It’s easy to look at the big picture after you are removed from it, but in the midst of a lot of chaos during that period of my, I had no idea how much he had given me.
That, again, leads me to thoroughly believe that “everything happens for a reason”. It gives me a lot of hope that maybe I have been an important part of someone else’s journey, and don’t even know it. I can only hope, right? The true blessing after all is that we are all human beings, just trying to get by, a day at a time.
I have been, and am, truly lucky to have the people in my life today, that I call family & friends. AND now I have 2 more people to add!
It’s late, and I cannot sleep. Lots of stuff going through my mind as orders are starting to come in, and I’m very excited about that. In addition to keeping up with our orders, I am trying to do our wedding announcements. One month after our wedding, is my nieces wedding (huge catholic wedding) which I have had the honor of taking on the responsibility of her announcements, programs, etc. This is the time of year I have been waiting for, and our business appears to be taking off.
I would like nothing better than to quit my job and work JillCards, LLC full-time. It is a creative aspect of my life which gives me a lot of serenity, and peace.
We had a visitor today, and it was so exciting to see Ana again. Ana is a younger friend which we met through our recovery program. She has since moved on to participate in the rest of her life IN RECOVERY in another state, and I must say that she looks great. She seems to be at peace with herself and doing the best she can in this mixed up and crazy world. Way to go Ana….Good things come to those who do the “next right thing”.
Last weekend we traveled to Minnesota for a “girls getaway”. It was a fantastic weekend with good food and great company. We all did a lot of laughing, and we went away full, happy and content! We really should do that at least once every 6-months, as sort of soul a cleansing and renewing.
I hope everyone is doing well (and sleeping) and are healthy & fit.